I am going to stay away from social media until the end of December !
Ok I have said it, now I have to do it, otherwise you will all blame me for being a “lots of words but no actions”-person.
So, why ?
- Because I spend an enormous amount of time on scrolling through facebook, instagram, tweets,… without even realizing what I am reading or seeing.
- Because feeling happy after a ‘like’ or a comment, is not really the type of happiness I want to experience.
- Because I like this “do one thing every day that scares you” quote and the idea of not being able to open facebook/instagram definitely scares the hell out of me.
- And finally… because I want to prove to
some peoplemyself that I can !
Why not just minimize time spent on social media?
- Because I tried and … I failed ! I hope blocking it for an entire month will help me to use it in an appropriate way afterwards.
- Oh and because 30-day challenges are quite trendy nowadays, you should also try one 😉
Here I go… I will remove all social apps from my devices, turn off all notifications, remove the url’s from my favorites list and start making a list of distractions (maybe I can finally finish this endless “books I need to read”-list).
Inspired by: http://jasondoesstuff.com/social-media-detox-recap/